Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- Trudy and I have enjoyed our lessons tremendously! We won’t be afraid to strut our stuff at my fraternity’s upcoming reunion. Thanks to Liz for her incredible patience with teaching us those wonderful moves on the dance floor. I look forward to learning more.Al Chesteron lessons
- Core has changed my life because it has helped me to loose weight especially around my core areas where I wanted to loose weight and tone myself. I wanted to be healthier. I have tried other ways and never really found anything that I stayed withAneita Freyon Core Rhythms
- Our experience here was absolutely amazing. Everyone here has been so nice and friendly from day one. We never once felt uncomfortable or embarrassed. My wife and I will always treasure the moments we shared here and we will enjoy our dance from our wedding day for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much Jazmin and everyone at Arthur Murray! P.S. – We highly recommended you to everyone!Mrs. Dana & Suzie Styleson preparing for their wedding dance
- There were times when my kids told me they were scared of losing me due to my depression. And after finding Arthur Murray and its wonderful staff, I feel like I’m alive againCarla D.